Brookhuis has a unique product range of strength grading systems, all provided with a unique TGT technology that is developed in cooperation with wood specialists of leading International institutes. From handheld to high speed.
Up to 30 boards /minute.
- Brookhuis offers a cost effective strength grading options:
mtgBATCH: up to 30 boards per minute
How does it work?
The mtgBATCH system predicts the strength class of a wooden board moving on any suitable third party cross conveyor by computing the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity (MoEdyn) and the Density (ρ)
MOEdyn = ρV2 with V = 2 Lf
ρ = density, computed from weight and dimensions measurement (optional)
V = longitudinal velocity
L = length of the board
F = frequency of the longitudinal vibration
A mechanical device hits the board in order to create a vibration which is measured by a stress wave detector. The density (ρ) results from the weight measurement (optional) and dimensions settings (either selected from a user interface or as input for the existing production line).
The strength class is then predicted via a mathematical model.
A proven and reliable technique.
The mtgBATCH systems can be extended with:
- Dimension measurement (length, width and thickness)
- Density measurement
- In-line moisture content measurement (FMI)
Why choose mgtBATCH configuretion
- Predicts the strength class of a board by the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity (MOE)
- Compatible with third party conveyors having low speed and/or stop and go system up to 30 boards/minute
- Economical solution
- Optimum process optimization
- Easy to use
- Easy to integrate
- User friendly interface
- Extensive production reports
- Proven and reliable technique