Brookhuis has a unique product range of strength grading systems, all provided with a unique TGT technology that is developed in cooperation with wood specialists of leading International institutes. From handheld to high speed.
Brookhuis mtgESCAN offers advances in machine strength grading to help you predict the best possible strength class. The mtgESCAN makes it easy to sort your wood products in defined timber or lumber grades, like the most common grades C18, C24, C30 etc.
Brookhuis offers a variety of strength grading options:
mtgESCAN 60: up to 60 boards per minute
mtgESCAN 120: up to 120 boards per minute
mtgESCAN 180: up to 180 boards per minute
How does it work?
The mtgESCAN system predicts the strength class of a wooden board moving on a cross conveyor by computing the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity (MoEdyn) and the Density (ρ)
MOEdyn = ρV2 with V = 2 Lf
ρ = density, computed from weight and dimensions measurement (optional)
V = longitudinal velocity
L = length of the board
F = frequency of the longitudinal vibration
A mechanical device hits the board in order to create a vibration which is measured by a laser interferometer. The density (ρ) results from the weight measurement (optional) and dimensions settings (either selected from a user interface or as input for the existing production line).
The strength class is then predicted via a mathematical model.
A proven and reliable technique.
Why choose mtgESCAN
- Predicts the strength class of a board by the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity
- High speed non-stop system up to 180 boards/minute
- (MOE) and density
- Measurement by laser interferometer
- Optimum process optimization
- Best-in-class in In line measurement
- Easy to use
- Easy to integrate
- User friendly interface (touch screen)
- Extensive production reports
- Proven and reliable technique
- The mtgESCAN offers you a new perspective to grow your business.
The mtgESCAN offers you a new perspective to grow your business.
Brookhuis. Endorsing the circle.